The Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO) training is an introduction into the world of Agile and Scrum from the perspective of the Product Owner. The CSPO covers every aspect of product ownership from working with stakeholders to define the product vision, to defining the release objective and to creating the product backlog items in preparation for sprint planning with the delivery team.
Applying the Scrum framework requires changing our habits and our intuitive way of working. As a Product Owner, it also means changing how we communicate with and work with stakeholders. IncrementOne’s interactive classes, whether online or in-person, are built around a simulation exercise in which you, the attendees, work together on a team to define a new product. You will discover how Scrum works through direct experience, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes in a safe environment.
Our classes are designed to maximize engagement, understanding and retention, blending lecture and classroom discussion with exercises, games and simulations. Using Scrum to teach the class allows us to manage the pace of the class while taking time to move and refresh our brains to stay focused throughout the day.
Every course covers the core learning objectives of the CSPO while leaving room for deeper conversations led by the questions and challenges class attendees bring up in class. The class includes a comprehensive simulation across both days in which teams work together to create a complete set of artifacts for a real-world digital product. The key topics covered in the class include:
• Lean and Agile and how Scrum relates to these core principles
• How iterative and incremental delivery allows the Product Owner to succeed
• How the Scrum framework allows teams to frequently deliver working products
• The five levels of planning as a model for product ownership
• A deep dive into the artifacts a Product Owner can use to plan and communicate the product roadmap
• Tools and techniques for long-term planning and tracking against an end goal or date